A dashboard is simply a way of showing multiple information at once.
It should be an easy to read, real-time user interface, with the ability to display charts of the current status and historical trends of an organization.
This kind of application can be found in solutions like Mailchimp, Google or Facebook.
I was asked to work on a dashboarding solution that would empower users of Dassault Systemes solutions. The goal was to provide a customizable platform where users would be given access to a catalog of apps.
Apps would range from “progress report” to full “business applications”.
A user dashboard with apps.
Users where separated into roles, based on which of Dassault Systemes solutions they owned. Each roles were given a set of predefined dashboards and apps.
A user filtering his dashboard.
Some of the benefits of this solution included:
- Visual presentation of performance measures
- Ability to identify and correct negative trends
- Saves time compared to running multiple reports
- Gain a global visibility on the system
- Align strategies and organizational goals
Thank you for scrolling